The Indian Institute in Munich Book ticket
History of the Indian Institute e.V.
The Indian Institute is the oldest, the German-Indian cultural exchange organization committed its kind in Germany. In 1929 the club was founded as the Institute for Cultural Relations / Indian Committee in the German Academy, located in the Maximilianeum, Munich. The war interrupted the activities. In 1946 the work was resumed. The association is managed since 1960 with a new legal status as Indian-Institut e.V. Today the Institute is located in the State Museum of Ethnology and communicates with the Indian Consulate General in close relationship.
THE INDIA-INSTITUTE in Munich sees itself as a mediator.
- between the two countries and their people
- their cultures
- and its future development
THE INDIAN-INSTITUTE in Munich is a forum for
- Lectures and discussions
- Events of history, religion, art and culture
- Traditional and contemporary music and dance performances
- and information on politics, economics and science